MOUNDS VIEW, Minn. - Moving from California to Minnesota could understandably shock the system of most people, but not Stan Hollen. "I grew up in Central Illinois. I spent 10 years in Peoria with CEFCU. My wife Beth is from Chicago and we have relatives in Madison and Chicago," said Hollen. "I've been in cold weather before." Interestingly during his days at Eastern Illinois University in an MBA program Hollen actually wrote a paper on the checkless society. Seems like blasphemy now? "Checks are still a big part of commerce today and will be for a while," said Hollen, now at the helm of the industry's largest check printer. Though he said he and Liberty are well aware that other payment systems will continue to chip away at checks.
Hollen no stranger to the Midwest
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch